Hello Dear Readers. Thank you for reading my humble blog. If you are still here, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
A few months ago (well...more like many months ago) I felt this nagging in my heart. A nagging that I couldn't shake. Somehow I felt that through my blogging I was, in all actuality, bragging. GASP!
Oh My! NO!
Bragging you say?
Why yes. That is what it felt like to me. Showing off. Presenting what I made to the world so I could hear (read) praise for how wonderful and creative I was.
I also found myself living my life for my blog. Can you believe that? But its true. I would plan events or games or even witty conversations that I thought would be blog worthy. (Most of which actually never made it onto the blog...ironically enough.) I got tired of living like that. I wanted to get back to actually LIVING my life. For me. For my family.
So, I haven't blogged much since. I have taken a step back to ponder reasons why I might continue to blog or even if I should. There have been moments when I half decided to shut this blog down entirely. Then there were moments when I realized that writing/blogging is something I love and how could I do that? How can I just up and quit?
So, now the question remains rattling around my head. Why blog?
What is my purpose in blogging? What message do I want to convey to my readers?
Quite honestly, I have not come up with an answer yet. I just don't know where I want to go with this blog. It appears that I am at a crossroads and I am unsure which direction to take. I have thought about a couple of options. I have read around a few blogs and looked into what makes a good blog. A blog worthy of my daily (or weekly) reading. (I don't actually read very many blogs regularly for lack of time. I am doing my best to limit my screen time and spend more time actually living life with my family.) There seems to be one thing that draws me to a blog. A theme. A purpose. Something I can gain by my reading. Something in it for me.
So how does that translate into my own blog. How can I leave my readers feeling as though their lives have been enriched by reading what I write?
1. I could combine my homeschool blog with this blog (which I used to do, but then thought it easier to separate them...which is NOT easier, I learned) and just use this blog to write about my life...as was my original intention when I began. Just to have a space to write about me.
Can I do that without bragging or showing off? Hmmmm. Would it enrich others lives and draw them into a closer relationship to the Lord Jesus?
2. I could focus solely on crafting and "how-to's" and tutorials.
Can I come up with enough of my own original ideas to warrant a blog devoted to that?
3. Photography. My newest passion. I want to learn all I can about photography. I could devote my blog to photographing my life and hobbies.
4. Food. I love food. I could devote my blog to cooking and eating good food, rating recipes I find on the internet, photographing food.
5. I could offer some conglomeration of all the aforementioned topics...which is not really different than I have done in the past.
I will continue to think and pray about these options and what direction I should take. For now, my main concern is to not turn my blog into my own bragging forum. The bragging must desist.